Upper Dublin School District, PA
Beloved suburban community teeming with lush parks.
Upper Dublin School District is an award-winning Blue-Ribbon District with schools that consistently rank among the top schools around the state in academics and SAT scores. It is located in Upper Dublin Township in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The district comprises four elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school. It serves students in grades K-12. The mission of the School District of Upper Dublin is to provide a safe environment in which all students are respected, educated, encouraged, and challenged to become life-long learners within a global society.View The Market Report
Some Points of Pride:
- National Blue Ribbons have been awarded to Sandy Run Middle School, Upper Dublin High School, and Thomas Fitzwater Elementary School.
- All Upper Dublin Schools, K-12, are accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- A rich and varied academic program of studies is offered to all students, including special education for exceptional students.
- Active Parent-Teacher Groups in all school buildings help promote the educational program and align home and school support for students.
- SAT scores at UDHS far exceed national test score averages. UDHS consistently ranks in the top 15 among 499 PA school Districts in high SAT scores. Approximately 10% of senior students are national Merit Finalists and Commended Scholars.
- More than 95% of UD graduates enroll in two-or four-year colleges. The graduation rate is 99%+ at UDHS.
- Special facilities include Robbins Park, a 40 acre Environmental Education Center that provides outdoor educational opportunities for all students and the community, and the Planetarium at SRMS, a unique learning facility often visited by other school districts and used by community members for special programs.
- UDHS Sports Teams rank among the very top in the number of Suburban One Championships among 24 area schools.
- Science Fair, Technology, World Language, and Debate Competitions show numerous first place winners at the county, regional and state levels from SRMS and UDHS.
- Successful Foreign Exchange Program with England and Germany, begun in 1983, enhance global understanding.
Upper Dublin is a charming suburban area full of parks and is home to one of the best school districts in the state. Friendly neighbors and quiet streets abound in this township, with some of the county’s best parks and recreation space. Life in the Upper Dublin school district may be quaint and peaceful, but don’t mistake that for lack of fun or opportunity.
What to Love
- Top-notch school district
- Incredible events put on by Upper Dublin Parks & Recreation
- Over 600 acres of parks and recreation space
- Extremely family-friendly
There are many advantages to living in the Upper Dublin school district, including, of course, the outstanding public schools. There are also a number of excellent golf courses and delightful community events. It’s farther from the city, so it doesn’t get as many young professionals seeking solace from the hustle and bustle. Instead, most people who move here do so to raise their children in a place where they can live out an idyllic childhood and get an excellent education.
Several architectural styles are found throughout Upper Dublin’s many neighborhoods, including several mixed-use developments featuring gorgeous luxury condos. Homebuyers have their pick of options, but many are drawn to the residential streets dotted with Victorian-era homes, many of which are nestled against a backdrop of gorgeous wooded acres.
Dining, Entertainment & Shopping
The Upper Dublin school district is full of locally owned, family-run shops and restaurants, many of which have been part of the community for decades. Each community and neighborhood has its own collection of businesses, giving Upper Dublin residents various options to choose from.
Dine at local favorite Arpeggio for the best Italian-Mediterranean cuisine around. Cantina Feliz is a critically acclaimed Mexican spot full of color, fresh ingredients, and strong cocktails. Po Le Cucina is home to locally famous chef Po Le, who uses his 30 years of expertise in French and Italian cuisines to create an unrivaled menu full of classic dishes.
The Promenade is a luxurious mixed-use development and one of the best shopping centers in Upper Dublin. Whether you’re looking for luxury athleticwear, home furnishings, or something to stock your bar cart with, you’ll find it at The Promenade. Upper Dublin is also a wonderful place to support local businesses, so be sure to buy fresh flowers at the family-owned Primrose Extraordinary Flowers and do your weekly grocery run at George’s Market.
Things to Do
The residents of the Upper Dublin School District are serious about recreation. From gorgeous parks and country clubs to a series of public events, there’s always something to do.
Mondauk Common Park is a favorite for outdoor recreation, with volleyball and basketball courts, a playground, and a walking path that winds through its heart. It’s also home to MonDaug Bark Park, a fenced dog park with separate areas for large and small dogs. There are also several country clubs in the area. Sprawling over 250 acres, Manufacturers’ Golf & Country Club has a lush golf course and incredible amenities for its members. Cedarbrook Country Club and Talamore Country Club are also nearby.
Historic Hope Lodge conducts tours and hosts reenactments of the Revolutionary War history the township is steeped in. Upper Dublin Parks & Rec puts on some incredible outdoor events throughout the summer. The Sunday Evening Concert Series brings music to the front lawn of the Upper Dublin Public Library. Enjoy classic and contemporary theater at Everybody’s Theater Company. Enjoy the unique summer Park Poker Challenge, where 52 cards are hidden throughout the parks, and residents have two weeks to find and submit the best poker hand they can.
Homes For Sale in Upper Dublin School District, PA